The organization of Jefferson Street Baptist Church occurred October 12, 1919. The setting on this date was the former Presbyterian Church, located on the southeast corner at the intersection of Jefferson and Columbia Streets. The church called Robert W. Eubanks as the first pastor, Rev. Eubanks served from 1920-1941.
A new sanctuary was constructed with the cornerstone being laid on October 7, 1949. While construction was in progress, the county allowed the church to use the Court House facilities for services. (This sanctuary is the present day chapel).
Ground-breaking for the three-story Education Building was held on September 22, 1957; and culminated with an “Open House” for the building on August 17, 1958.
The present sanctuary, a landmark in the Dublin community, was completed and the first service held August 29, 1976.
Since that time several pieces of property have been added to the facility: an Activity Center which houses a gym, kitchen and classrooms; a Senior Adults’ building for educational purposes; and a house for youth activities. A new church office building was purchased and renovated in 2004.
Jefferson Street Baptist Church is a member of the Laurens Baptist Association and the Georgia and Southern Baptist Conventions. Information on these organizations can be found at www.gabaptist.org and www.sbc.net